• Users Online: 17
  • Home
  • Print this page
  • Email this page
Home About us Editorial board Ahead of print Current issue Search Archives Submit article Instructions Subscribe Contacts Login 
ORIGINAL ARTICLE
Year : 2019  |  Volume : 4  |  Issue : 2  |  Page : 55-60

Electrophysiological and anatomical characteristics of pulmonary vein isolation with “crosstalk” effect during cryoballoon ablation (English version)


1 Center of Arrhythmia, Fuwai Hospital, National Center for Cardiovascular Diseases, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing; Department of Cardiology, The Second People's Hospital of Dingxi, Dingxi, Gansu Province, China
2 Center of Arrhythmia, Fuwai Hospital, National Center for Cardiovascular Diseases, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China

Correspondence Address:
Dr. Jian Ma
Center of Arrhythmia, Fuwai Hospital, National Center for Cardiovascular Diseases, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100037
China
Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None


DOI: 10.4103/IJHR.IJHR_2_20

Rights and Permissions

Background: We aimed to explore the electrophysiological and left atrial anatomical characteristics of pulmonary vein isolation with the “crosstalk” technique during second-generation cryoballoon ablation and figure out a better practice of this technique. Subjects and Methods: A total of 504 patients (311 males and 193 females) with atrial fibrillation were included. All of these patients underwent initial ablation with second-generation cryoballoon. Among these patients, 89 patients (17.7%) did not achieve left/right superior pulmonary vein (LSPV/RSPV) isolation during first cryoablation. In the crosstalk group, there were 35 (39.3%) patients had “crosstalk” phenomenon. The remaining 54 patients (60.7%) without “crosstalk” were included in the control group. The baseline data, electrophysiological and anatomic characteristics of the left atrium were compared between crosstalk group and control group. The study was approved by the Ethics Committee of Fuwai Hospital, China. Results: In the crosstalk group, 33 patients (94.3%) had “crosstalk” phenomenon in the LSPV. The percentage of pulmonary vein potential (PVP) delay during first cryoablation was significantly increased in the crosstalk group compared with the control group (100% vs. 72.2%, P < 0.05). The total ablation time and frequency were significantly decreased in the crosstalk group compared with the control group (P < 0.05). As for the anatomic characteristics, the average distance from LSPV to inferior pulmonary vein, average distance of RSPV and inferior pulmonary veins were significantly shorter in the crosstalk group compared with the control group (P < 0.05). Conclusion: The “crosstalk” phenomenon was more frequent in the left pulmonary vein. Short distance between superior and inferior pulmonary vein and PVP delay during ablation could predict the “crosstalk” phenomenon.


[FULL TEXT] [PDF]*
Print this article     Email this article
 Next article
 Previous article
 Table of Contents

 Similar in PUBMED
   Search Pubmed for
   Search in Google Scholar for
 Related articles
 Citation Manager
 Access Statistics
 Reader Comments
 Email Alert *
 Add to My List *
 * Requires registration (Free)
 

 Article Access Statistics
    Viewed122    
    Printed8    
    Emailed0    
    PDF Downloaded25    
    Comments [Add]    

Recommend this journal